Wednesday, December 14, 2016

~The Magic of Christmas and Simple & Sweet Fridays #250~

Happy Holidays Everyone!!
I hope you're all having fun,
 baking and shopping for Christmas!!
Here's a recipe for a fun martini for the holidays!
I had a craft night with some girlfriends and we made ornaments!
We used Creative Paper Clay and Model Air Clay.
We used our stamps and cookie cutters.
They just air dry,
so Easy Peasy!!
Kim and Denise made some beautiful ornaments!
We also had some burrata cheese with fresh bread! 
Love the Christmas plate from Target!
My new Christmas Wreath for the front door.
I sprayed snow on an old wreath, added some Christmas balls, vintage ornaments and a Merry Christmas sign! 
A Gingerbread House
scene in a jar.
 I saw this idea in the Better Homes and Garden Magazine.
I wanted to try to do something like what they did.
It's so cute in the kitchen. 
It's a Winter Wonderland!

 Cute little miniature Christmas scenes in some Bonne Maman jars.
I made some gingerbread house cookies.
They're all ready for the kids to decorate.
I also made some Golden Thumbprint cookies.
Sugar pine cones from Lake Tahoe.
My sister, Charmaine, sent them to me.
My collection of old vintage Christmas postcards on a silver tray.
Three Wise Owls representing our three kids.

Finished our Christmas chalkboard!
Our Paper Whites are blooming everywhere now.
Some pretty flower arrangements for Christmas.
An outdoor tablesetting ready for the holidays!
A Christmas vignette with ice skates 
greets our 
guests by the front door.
I have to share the wonderful news with you.
Our daughter, Katie and her boyfriend, Harry, from England are
engaged to get married!!!!
No date has been set, but we are so excited.
Our first of three to be engaged.
Happy Holidays!



If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my buttons that are on the left side of my blog!

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!


22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your daughter's engagement! It looks like you had a blast making the ornaments and treats surrounded by your many winter wonderlands. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun party with lots of great ideas cleaned from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for your daughter, her fiance, and most of all you and Stan. All we ever really want for our children is happiness!

    You are genuinely creative, Jody! I love your posts and get so many ideas. I'd love to know what goes into those cookie cutter ornaments...they are awesome! I can begin to tell you how each and every creation you've made has me inspired.

    Happy Holidays to you and your lovely family!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEST wishes onyour daughter's engagemtn- how exciting! ♥♥

    Thank you for hosting, Jody - loved your ornaments and decor DIYs you've made, you are so talented! Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Jody,
    congrats on your daughter engagement and thank you for this wonderful post of yours, I was looking forward to see the magic atmosphere of your Christmas and I was certain that it was unique, your taste and your care for even the little detail is so charming to me !

    Your gingerbread houses are so cute and all the decorations which make your home even cozier and warmer are filling my heart with joy, thank you !

    So grateful for hosting me today too, I'm sending blessings of joy on your coming weekend, may it be filled with love, peace and beauty

    Xx Daniela at ~ My little old world ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your daughter's engagement Jody! Thanks for the great party!
    Vesna - Home Chic Club

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post filled with so much eye candy!! Congrats to your daughter! Thanks so much for hosting each week!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I remember when ours got engaged also..now..life will start to change for you..even better..can you imagine?Since it is already so lovely?

    Cute cute everything!!
    Martha..that's you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your daughter! So very exciting to have your family grow. I love seeing all of your homemade decorations. I want to try making some winter scenes under glass jars like you did. So pretty! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A delightful visit to your home Jody. Congratulations to your daughter. Thank you for The Magic of Christmas and Sweet and Simple Friday 250.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always enjoy seeing your family. Congratulations and your Christmas is gorgeous.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the engagement of your daughter! Your decorations are so charming, and your parties always sound so fun! Thank you for hosting your party, and have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First let me say Congratulations on your daughters engagement.

    Your home is so festive and pretty all decorated for the holidays. Thank you so much for the wonderful tour.

    Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jody, love all the festive touches around your home. It is so inviting. Thank you for hosting and have a great week!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your daughter's engagement! Exciting times are coming for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love partying here. Thanks! -Journa from www.lollyjane.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought nothing could be more beautiful than all the wonderful touches in your Christmas home or more delightful than your ornament party -- creating in the company of others is so joyous. Then I read the engagement news and knew (from experience) that everything else was just the frosting but that was the real Christmas treasure. Congratulations on that -- and on your fabulous home with all the touches! Coming late to the party but eager to blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just found your linky party for the first time ever-- so excited to join in. The features look amazing and it sounds like you have had a wonderful week between the fun crafting night and the engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I just adore everything about this post! Love the gingerbread in a jar, your sweet owls and the martini!
    Congratulations on your daughter's engagement! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful decorations. The tiny houses are gorgeous.
    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything looks so beautiful. I love the little houses waiting to be decorated.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jody, thank you for hosting. You house looks so gorgeous and inviting. Wishing you and your family a very very Merry and Blessed Christmas!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...