Thursday, October 8, 2015

~Fall Homemade Wax Sachets and Simple & Sweet Fridays #188~


I have seen so many beautiful wax sachets on pinterest, 
also called Rosy Rings Wax Sachets.
My friend, Mary made some Spring sachets and they looked so pretty,
I decided to try and make some Fall ones just in time for the holidays.
I dried some apples and oranges in our dehydrator.
I found some pretty flowers, rose buds, cinnamon, star anise, rosemary and lavender. 
I love the smell of all these scents for Fall.

I heated up some candle wax in a old double boiler 
and carefully poured it into an old cookie tray I had.
I waited for awhile for it to set up.
The sides were the first to get hard, so I started to add all the things I collected to it.
After I used a cookie cutter to give a more define shape to the sachets.
I used a straw for making a hole to place my jute through.
They are a botanical home fragrance wax sachet that can be hung in closets or placed in drawers.
They look so pretty you might just want to hang them up.

I love the way they turned out.

For the orange colored ones,
 I had some pumpkin scented candles and just melted them.
They smell like Pumpkin Pie!!

I have a wire cloche I used to hang them from.
It's a pretty Holiday decoration!
I have displayed them for now in our kitchen.
They look so pretty with the morning light shining through them.
I made another small vignette in our family room
with pumpkins.
Fall is Here!


Finally it rained in San Diego.


If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

26 comments:

  1. Wowww - these sachets are so beautiful!! I could definitely use a bunch of them :)
    Thank you for sharing them and thanks for hosting this party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody and Stan,
    WoW!!!
    The Fall homemade wax sachets look spectacular hanging from the wire cloche!!!
    I adore your vignette with the velvet pumpkins and pearls, too!!!
    Thank you for hosting Simple and Sweet Fridays! each week!!!
    Thank you for sharing and always inspiring!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tutto meraviglioso, sacchetti, casa calda ed accogliente, ogni cosa!!! complimenti e grazie per queste immagini, ottimo cibo per gli occhi.

    Un caro saluto,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for the sachets! They look adorable right where you have them. Having them displayed like that would be a great way to sell them too.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wax sachets! I've never seen them before - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wax Sachets - what a wonderful idea. Loved seeing how you made them as well as displaying them. Thank you for Sweet and Simple Fridays 188.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen wax sachets before! They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful sachets! I bet they smell so good and are simply gorgeous!! Thank you for featuring my Boo Bags!! I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wax sachets, I have plenty of wax and on my to make list!

    Thank you for featuring the tuna (((hugs)))

    See you next week

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sachets are gorgeous! I will have to try some, they would make great gifts! Always love to come to your site! Have a great weekend! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had another thought! Iron sharpens iron you know! They would also make adorable place cards for table settings! Thanks again for the wonderful idea! Lynn

      Delete
  11. Jody those wax sachets are fabulous! They would be perfect on a gift. So going to try this idea next year, or maybe this Cmas! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had not seen these. What a great idea! Yours looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are just beautiful! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your wax sachets and need to try and make some. Thanks for sharing the how to's! Happy to be joining in again. I haven't for quite some time because every time I tried my computer would freeze up. Crazy!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh they are pretty!!
    It's raining here today also..:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your wax sachets are so beautiful!!
    Thanks so much for hosting another fun party!
    Have a great weekend,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not sharing this week just browsing and in love with your sachets!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello beautiful! I love stopping by your party each week! We would love to party with you twice this week. so please stop by our party that goes until Friday at 7 pm. We pin and tweet every masterpiece! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your wax sachets are absolutely gorgeous and I love how you displayed them on the cage! I want to invite you to our new link party, Vintage Charm Thurs Oct 15 to link your vintage and repurposed posts! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  20. How very pretty - they must fill your pretty kitchen with a wonderful fragrance! I love these! Thank you for hosting - hope your weekend is sweet! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll bet they smell wonderful! Thank you for hosting....loving the new look of your site!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your wax sachets are SO beautiful and I am sure they smell delicious! Wonderful, creative project!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Came across your blog today on NanaDiana's. Love the wax sachets. Would love to try that! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  24. hello please send your whatsapp number i want to consult something please my number is +91 9815996883

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...