Thursday, July 9, 2015

~Living Wreaths and Simple & Sweet Fridays #175~


I've been wanting to make some
 living wreaths 
with plants from our garden that we have collected.
Stan has been growing air plants for many years now. 
He has quite a variety.
I always love collecting fresh and dried flowers to have on hand,
just in case I need them for a project.
We have an area in our garden that Stan has cultivated 
Spanish Moss.
It grows very well in San Diego.
I can never have enough of Hydrangeas.
I first started with the spanish moss.
Then I wired the air plant and moss down with wire.
I then added dried roses, baby's breath and hydrangea.
I glued pearls in the center of some star fish.
A silver key added some bling to the wreath.
I thought for now I'd hang it in our hallway.
All you have to do is spray the air plants every week with water.
They don't need any soil to survive, 
just indirect light. 
I made another heart shaped living wreath.
It fits perfectly on my rustic garden arch.
Some roses, dried flowers and baby's breath.
A pink pearl was added in the center of the plants.
A Living Wreath 
adds a special touch to any area!
Just wanted everyone to know, Maggie, our Lab, is doing great!
Her surgery to remove her thymus gland went very well.
Her shaved hair is growing back now and her excitement swimming in the pool, lets us all know she loves it.
Thank you for all your positive thoughts and well wishes!!


If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

22 comments:

  1. Jody and Stan,
    Oh, my goodness, dear friends. . .
    what an honor to be a featured guests at your Simple and Sweet Fridays!!!
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!
    I am swooning over your gathering basket filled with pink roses!!!
    I adore the wreaths made from dried and fresh flora from your gardens!!!
    The heart shaped wreath atop the vintage gate is stunning!!!
    Thank you for hosting Simple and Sweet Fridays! each week!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreaths, especially the one with the sea shells!! So pretty!!
    Thanks for hosting!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Stan and Jody for Sweet and Simple Fridays 175. Love visiting and joining in. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living further North, I am amazed that you actually grow air plants and cultivate Spanish moss. Your live wreaths are beautiful and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody,
    Love your heart wreath and I love that you use fresh dried flowers. So pretty. Thanks for hosting your fun party it was fun to join in this week with a few of my DIY's. Have a great rest of the week and enjoy the upcoming week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoyed this post. Beautiful and wonderful idea.Both wreaths are amazing.My daughter just moved to Scripps Ranch last week to a beautiful home and now I must tell Her about the Spanish Moss. Actually She should follow You.I've been following You for Years and plan to visit more often

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wreaths, I will have to gather some more spanish moss on my next camping trip to central Florida, right now I love to hang some on my Vanda Orchid roots. Thanks so much for featuring my patriotic bench project at this weeks link up, so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi guys - thanks for the party. It's so nice to be joining in the fun! : - )

    Your nautical wreath is stunning, and the romantic heart one so sweet - you did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful and unusual wreath. Thanks for hosting each week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty wreaths! I love the baby's breath and rose buds. And the air plants - I would never have thought of that, but they are so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wreath is gorgeous! Shabby Victorian! Thanks for hosting and for sharing all the great features. Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your wreaths! They are just lovely! Thanks for hosting your party.
    Happy Friday!
    LuAnn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, these are just so pretty! Love the photos of your 'gatherings' in the baskets, too! Thank you so much for the feature and for hosting such a fun party! Hope you have a lovely weekend! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely wreaths!! Thanks for hosting!! Have a great weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for hosting!! Your living wreaths are amazing!
    Zoe
    www.simpleessentialwellness.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello beautiful! Thank you for hosting such a fun party. We would appreciate it if you would stop by our party. We would love to see what you have been working on! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello beautiful! Thank you for hosting such a fun party. We would appreciate it if you would stop by our party. We would love to see what you have been working on! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  18. How exciting it is to see my crown featured on your lovely blog, thank you! Unfortunately I don't have anything new to share this week but I am loving all the photos of your gorgeous flower displays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in love with that heart wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your wreaths are gorgeous! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous wreaths, Jody and Stan! Love the features too! Thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...