Wednesday, October 22, 2014

~Fall Garden & Succulent Pumpkin Centerpieces and Simple & Sweet Fridays #138~

I wanted to share with you the gifts I made for my girlfriends.
~Succulent Pumpkin Centerpieces~
I went to Trader Joe's and found just the
 right size pumpkins for the centerpieces.
I sprayed the center of the pumpkins with some adhesive spray.
I then added sphagnum moss I bought from a local nursery.
We have succulents growing in our garden, 
so I just picked some different varieties.
I then glued them down with a hot glue gun. I read about this technique from designer Laura Eubanks. She had been a guest on a video featuring garden photojournalist, Debra Lee Baldwin.
I loved how they all turned out.
An hour or two of morning sun and misting will give you a beautiful 
Fall Succulent Pumpkin Centerpiece.
I also made some bite size Spice Muffins.
Wrapped up with a cute tag.
Just the right gifts for special friends.
In the garden we picked our carrots, pumpkins and fresh eggs from the chicken coop.
I also stopped by the nursery and picked up some different ornamental cabbages.
I love the different color greens and purples in the garden.
I couldn't resist some stock too, love the beautiful scent.
I saw the chickens were exploring today.
Doria and Lucy like the ornamental cabbage too!!
Hope you're all enjoying Fall in your gardens!




If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

22 comments:

  1. Some pretty features here. Thanks for hosting.

    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jody,

    Oh your girlfriends are lucky ladies!! Autumn eye candy and sweet bites! Thanks so much for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pumpkins turned out great! Wonderful gift idea. (Your friends are lucky!) Now I have to go to the garden center and buy ornamental cabbage today:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jody!! Great post!! Thanks for much for the party!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jodi,
    First, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I LOVED seeing (and reading about) your Fall affair birthday gathering with your girl friends. What a beautiful setting and gathering!! WOW!!
    Second, WELCOME HOME! I so enjoyed following your abroad posts. What an amazing trip!
    And now to today's post . . . I'm not a big fan of succulents, but your pumpkins are fantastic! What a great idea!!
    Your girl friends must have been so happy to have received their thoughtful gifts! Those cakes are crazy darling too!
    As always, thank you so much for hosting another fun party! And thank you for the lovely feature of my RAVEN cookies :0)
    Have a great weekend,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with those succulent planted pumpkins! Can you transplant the succulents after the pumpkin rots? Thanks for hosting the party! It's great to be back.
    Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for hosting. Love those pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the features you showed.

    And, I like the idea of making treats for friends and packaging them up. I love to bake, but I end up eating everything. If I quickly package and deliver, I won't be tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those gifts are wonderful. The centerpieces are gorgeous and the bounty from your garden is just amazing. It makes me regret not planting veggies this year. The muffins look yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jody these succulent pumpkin centerpieces are stunning. I can't believe you just stuck them on the outside. Amazing. I'm your newest follower, Leslie from Gwen Moss

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jody,
    Love your pumpkins filled with plants along the length of your table, dear friend!!!
    Ornamental cabbages bring such delight to your flower beds & gardens!!!
    Thank you for hosting Simple and Sweet Fridays!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the ornamental cabbages! Love your produce! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jody, thank you for featuring my pumpkins on drop cloths. Love all of your features! Thanks for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your autumn garden is such a pleasure to see. I look forward each year to fall gardening cleanup and planning for the next growing season. Thank you for hosting.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jody, wow I love the pumpkins you made, tags and muffins. Wow I love your garden too and the chickens are so cute. My dad had chickens too and we loved having fresh eggs! Thank you for featuring my crocheted pumpkins. You made my day! Have a nice Friday and weekend Jody!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jody, I absolutely adore the pumpkin centerpieces. The features are gorgeous, thanks for sharing them!


    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are so talented! Thank you for hosting, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo P.S. I love your new header♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello cute lady! I always love stopping by and partying with you! Thank you for hosting. I hope you get a chance to stop by our party. We would really appreciate it. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Succulent Pumpkin Centerpieces are gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Love the succulent Pumpkins, great idea and thanks for sharing. Newest follower and love your gardens, great green thumb! Also read your magazine features, congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...