Wednesday, March 6, 2013

~Dazzle Your Tealights and Simple & Sweet Fridays #53~

Take out your tealights and add some sparkle to them.
You can create just about any theme you would like to by adding;
ribbons, glitter, beads, buttons to tealights.
I got out my collection of goodies and started having fun.
I used Aleene's Tacky Glue and a Glue Gun 
to help place the embellishments on the tealights.
I love my new scissors I found on Etsy.
I saw them on Lynne's Dreams on 34th Street blog
 and had to order some,
they look so pretty!
I did some with a French theme.
I had to make some glitter ones. Martha Stewart has all kinds of beautiful colors.
I used some beads from Michael's too!
They would look great for a birthday party.
How about a baby shower and use all kinds of fun buttons.
I ever did some Shabby Chic ones.
 Notice the Laura Ashwell material.
You can use a lot of dime-store treasures 
that will add to your centerpiece.

A sparkle look for any occasion!



Happy Thursday everyone!
Last weeks Simple & Sweet Favorites!

Go check out Fabby's Living's post Our 38th Anniversary Table!
Fabby sets the most beautiful tablescape for her 38th Anniversary.  Everything looks gorgeous especially her dishes from Spain.  Happy Anniversary!
Be sure to check out Fabby's blog!

Go check out Simply Vintagous… by Suzan's post If I Were a Carpenter!
Suzy paints some wood planks white and her husband John makes her a shabby chic bench from it.  You'll love her story of how she got John to build it.  So cute!
Be sure to check out Suzy's blog!

Go check out An Extraordinary Day's post Vintage Window Sings Spring!
Diane decorates a window with handmade paper birds and a music sheet banner.  Perfect decoration for Spring!

Go check out Diane's blog!
Go check out Lynda Bergman/ Decorative Artisan's post Trompel'oeil Garage Doors To Look Like Old Barn Doors!
Lynda does a fantastic job painting her client's garage doors to look like old barn doors.  She'll inspire you to pick up a paint brush!
Be sure to check out Lynda's blog!


Go check out The Wilderness Wife's post Winter in the North Maine Woods!
Sheryl tells us all about her adopted state, Maine and how living conditions are in the winter.  Her photos are amazing of the snow.
Be sure to check out Sheryl's blog! 



If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Happy Simple & Sweet Fridays!
Do you have any posts that you find 
inspiring for other bloggers to read! 
 Just link them up.  It's just that simple.

The Rules:
Please become a follower of Rooted In Thyme & grab my button so everyone can join the fun!
Please link up a post that you think everyone will love!
No direct blog links, etsy links, linky parties, or advertising links.
Please look at 3 links that bloggers have linked up and comment them telling them why you looked that their post

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

32 comments:

  1. So exciting! Thank you very much for featuring my Anniversary table and the honor to be here, at your great party and next to such pretty features too! I just want to point out that the dishes were made at my hubby's past Ceramic Co. and I used to designed them. The tablecloth is Spanish. I'm saying just cause I'm proud of our dishes, lol! Big hugs and you've made my day and rest of the week too! Taking your feature button, now!!!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SO much for the feature - it's such an honor to be included with the other incredible ladies!!!
    And many thanks for hosting another great party -
    Big hugs of appreciation
    Suzan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jody and Stan, thank you for hosting. I love joining in. What a great idea with the sparkle and decorated tealights. Have a lovely week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shabby chic tealights. Lovely features as well and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tealights.

    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I've looked at those tealights so many times and thought how bland they seem! Thanks for hosting another wonderful party!
    Hugs and Blessings,
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear friends...thank you so much for blessing me with a feature on your lovely blog. I am humbled. May your day be Extraordinary! [hugs]

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful! So clever! just bought a big discount bag of these- oh the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tea-lite makeovers!! So sweet Jody... the one with crocheted flower is my fav'. LOVE your new scissors and as always, thanks much for hosting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, Jody. Have to round up some craft goodies and my glue and get working. Love this idea. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting Jody and Stan, glad I could join in this week. I continue working way up north and have included some scenes from that area as well as some of my home garden too.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love your tealights! What a great idea! They look so pretty. Awesome features, too. Thank you so much for another awesome party. :)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those tealights are so pretty! Thanks for hosting ;)
    Jamie www.somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tea lights are just wonderful! Very clever idea! For the glitter...what kind of glue did you use? And did you just roll the metal container in glitter? I would love to make some of these for my daughter's wedding shower!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tea lights are just delightful! A great idea, you could make ten to go with any table setting. Thanks for hosting again this week, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jody,
    Your tea lights are so sweet. I, especially, like the one with the tiny colorful beads. What a great idea for a special occasion.
    You have selected some wonderful features. It will be a pleasure visiting their blogs this coming week.
    Thanks for hosting. As always...It's a joy stopping by.
    Blessings,
    Carolynn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tea lights look so pretty! That would be a great idea for prom. Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jody, Thanks for a BEAUTIFUL PARTY! And thanks for all the work you do to prepare for us.
    Great features.

    Have a blessed and peaceful weekend!

    Linda and Jeannie at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a cute and easy project! Thanks for hosting and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for hosting and sharing your delightful ideas for tealights! Looks like a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have a lovely blog with great photography! I'm a new follower and participant in your link parry. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea to decorate tealights with glitter.
    Your link party seems to be fun, and I'll try to join in the future too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Doesn't glitter just make everything better? Why yes, yes it does! Love the glittered and embellished tea lights - so much better than plain! Thanks for hosting. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea! They are all so very pretty. What a sweet and simple project. Best wishes to you for a wonderful weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your tealights are so pretty, and what a fun project! I always hide those metal cups--I'm going to remember this!

    Have a nice weekend!

    Laura from sundayview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those votives are completely adorable! I ordered those scissors too! :)Kindred spirits are we.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jody!
    I LOVE the tea lights! Don't you just love the scissors?!
    We just returned from vacation. I need a fun craft project for the weekend! You have inspired me! Thank you for the sweet shout out! When I make my "tea's" I will shout back! withLove, of course!
    Have a great week!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your tealights! and those scissors are to die for! How gorgeous!!!

    Lovely features, too. Thank you for your sweet comment on my step stool project.

    Have a wonderful week! xox

    ReplyDelete
  29. Do you know the Etsy site for the scissors? My sister, who has EVERYTHING, is a total Paris junkie. She works frequently in Paris and "wows" me with amazing gifts she buys from all over the world. I think I could score points if I found her the scissors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...